Thursday, June 19, 2008

My VW Bug

I am restoring this RUST BUCKET. I got it with my son. Hay it was free... We have taken it
completely apart. Motor, body chassis and all. It is in need of a lot of work. The motor was blown so we started to get it ready to tow home. Only about 8 blocks from the house. Put air in the tires and backed it out.
That's where the fun started. My son inside steering went to stop it and pushed on the breaks. Squirting break fluid all over him and the inside of the car. Since the break line of a bug run down the middle of the inside of the car.
Ain't it perrty. There is so much rust on it. When you open the door it drops because the heater channels are rotted out and they are the chassis support.
My dear wife is not terribly thrilled with the whole thing but hopefully it will grow on her.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your blog is looking good honey! And get that piece of cr... I mean get that lovely thing out of my garage.

Shego67 + Sam said...

yes this is a rust bucket lol i love you lots dad

Shego67 + Sam said...

yes it is lookin' good like i said luv u so dada